I try to source all photos and quotes - if unknown and not my own I will state it. If you use a photo or a post, please link back to this site to provide credit. I never promote anything I don't like but I do make small commissions from Amazon links listed on the site and stamps.com. I use Stamps.com for personal and business uses. Love them! This blog was created by me, using Drupal. If you would like to contact me please email at Kristen (at) thischapter (dot) com.
Kristen Faiola's blog
Oh my its been one month! I have to say that I love this child more every day. I know its been a lot of Kylie on the blog. However, I took a month off of work and this blog to bond. And sleep. Mostly sleep. However, starting in May you should see something other than my daughter's cute face.
Here are a few thoughts on Kylie for her first month!
- Love when she stares at me while feeding her. It makes 2am feedings worth every head bob.
- Her expressions kill me. My heart melts with every smirk, oooh-face, yawn. Also, I'm in love with that little tongue. It reminds me of an ultrasound we saw of her where she kept sticking it out.
- She loves to sleep on our chest. I think this makes me happier than it does her. It might be a bad thing later on but for now I'm soaking it in.
- Love when she raises a fist in the air and shakes it. Like saying... "they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" However her pudgy arms are much cuter than William Wallace with a sword.
- Babywearing is amazing. Never thought I would say those words.
- Never thought I could run on so little sleep. It makes complaining about the one or two times I had to get up to pee while pregnant seem silly.
- Newborns eat a lot. At least it seems like they do!
- I think they wait until you button up that last button before pooping again. I think I may ground her for this when she's old enough to understand.
- Sleeping five and half hours in the middle of the night makes me want to jump with joy!
Now I have to go feed my daughter. Sigh!
Photos were all taken on my phone (except the last one - that was taken by my Aunt) and edited in Instagram.
A little late but I promise we do take the photos on the correct day. It just takes me a few days to get the text added and uploaded to Flickr. I can't wait to have all 52 weeks so I can make a book out of them and have it printed.