I try to source all photos and quotes - if unknown and not my own I will state it. If you use a photo or a post, please link back to this site to provide credit. I never promote anything I don't like but I do make small commissions from Amazon links listed on the site and stamps.com. I use Stamps.com for personal and business uses. Love them! This blog was created by me, using Drupal. If you would like to contact me please email at Kristen (at) thischapter (dot) com.
Strawberries with cheesecake filling
I found this yummy recipe on Pinterest. I love Pinterest because you can type in a word such as strawberries and get all sorts of delicious recipes. This is a very easy recipe and if you can’t cook (me!) than its perfect for you.
I used 1 carton, but you will want 2 cartons of strawberries.
8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 sleeve of graham crackers (I only used about 2-3 crackers)
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (optional)
PS. not sure why I didn’t retake this photo after I noticed the powdered sugar was upside down…(awesome photography skills)
1. You will want to wash the strawberries and cut off the top. Than you core the insides out (I put the insides into a separate cup and set them aside). This part is pretty tough and the most annoying part. Sugar Derby mentioned she used a thin apple peeler and a small knife. She said the Knife worked better. I was blessed with this amazing tool (not sure where it came from), which was awesome and worked very well. I actually believe its called a strawberry corer. HA!
2. Next you want to make the filling (the yummy cheesecake filling). Beat the cream cheese, add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. This is where I added the cup I set aside with the insides. I thought it might add an extra touch. Mix the insides with the filling.
3. In the next step you want to crunch the Graham crackers, which is another pain if you don’t have an awesome meat hammer. I just used a big spoon.
4. Now you can fill the empty strawberries with this amazing filling. I used a plastic bag and filled it with the filling than cut off the corner. This is the fun part.
5. Last take the strawberry and dip them into the crunched graham crackers.
6. Now if you want you can add the chocolate drizzle on the strawberry. Take half a bag and melt them in the microwave, I also used the plastic bag clipped corner technique here. Than drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries.
Here is the final look keep them cold in the refrigerator for best results. ENJOY!